Travel Supermarket (up to 18 months)
- They will give you a broad view of the whole of the travel insurance options for your longer stay trip.
- Compare 400+ holiday insurance policies from over 50 travel insurance providers Cover from as little as £4.69*
- Compare and save on annual, single, family and multitrip
Online quotes from £5.10
> Quote from TRAVEL SUPERMARKET - Link not working? try this
Alpha Travel Insurance ( up to 24 months)
- Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
- A 14 day cooling off period
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
- Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00
> Quote from ALPHA INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Globelink Travel Insurance (up to 18 months)
- Travel Insurance for All EU Residents
- Career breaker? Globetrekker? Globelink offer the budget solution for long stay journeys.
- Cancellation or Curtailment - up to £2,000 in total;
- Emergency Medical Expenses - up to £5,000,000 in total; Baggage - up to £1,000 in total
Quotes from £16.00
> Quote from GLOBELINK Insurance- not working? try this
Columbus Direct Insurance (up to 365 days)
- Will cover travellers up to the age of 85.
- A leading specialist provider for over 25 years with deals for backpackers
- The available trip limits are - 31, 45 or 60 days for their Annual Insurance
Online quotes from £14.11
> Quote from COLUMBUS DIRECT - Link not working? try this
Post Office Insurance (up to 18 months)
- Aged 18 to 60 and looking for a gap year, career break or to travel the world?
- Covers you for one trip up to 18 months with the option to return home for up to 7 days on 3 occasions
Online quotes from £37.10
> Quote from POST OFFICE insurance - Link not working? try this
AA Long Stay Travel Insurance (up to 6 months)
The AA will give you incentives if you are already a member of them.
They cover long stay trips up to 6 months, and
annual cover for all your trips over the year, up to 62 days at a time, that's over two months!
Online quotes from £34.10
> Quote from AA travel insurance - Link not working? try this
Essential Travel Insurance (up to 18 months)
Choose from 3 cover levels: Standard Backpacker, Essential Backpacker and Essential Plus Backpacker
Continuous cover for up to 24 months
Purchase up to 60 days in advance
Online quotes from £19.10
> Quote from ESSENTIAL travel - Link not working? try this
Medical Travel Insurance (up to 12 months)
- Will search across a number of sall insurers to find you a deal
- Covers you for one trip up to 12 with annual multitrip options too
Online quotes from £27.10
> Quote from MEDICAL TRAVEL insurance - Link not working? try this
Get Going (longer stay up to 18 months )
Get going, as specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price.1,000s of medical conditions are considered and covered including but not limited to HIV, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Hep A/B/C and Asthma..
- Single trips for any age up to 185 days only
- Long Stay / Backpacker up to 18 months (age up to 55)
Quotes from - £29.34 (Get Going Single)
> Quote from GETGOING INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Insure for Travel (up to 6 months)
- Will cover over 90 days on single trips up to 180 days. Non extendable after this time.
- Annual multi trips up to 45 days
Online quotes from £22.10
> Quote from INSURE FOR travel - Link not working? try this
JS Insurance (up to 12 months)
- Backpacking around the world, they have a choice of policies covering Working, Sports and Activities or if you are just going to travel for a year.
- Annual multi trips up to 45 days
Online quotes from £32.10
> Quote from JS Insurance travel - Link not working? try this
SAGA Over 50s Travel Insurance (up to 180 days)
Saga'st policies cover European and worldwide Holiday insurance for persons of any age!
All pre-existing medical conditions considered.
Quotes from £16.00
> Quote from SAGA INSURANCE - not working? try this
Travel Insurance for Medical
Optional Independent Traveller Insurance to provide cover when individual elements of a trip are booked separately, rather than as part of a package. This enhancement also provides cover for flights cancelled or delayed as a result of travel disruption caused by a volcano.
- No wardrobe worries - up to £2,500 for lost luggage
Quotes from - £59.22 (Med Policy)
> Quote from TRAVEL INSURANCE 4 MEDICAL - Link not working? try thi
WorldNomads Insurance (up to 18 months and extendable)
- Travel insurance for independent travellers. Buy, extend & claim online, even after you’ve left home.
- Their multi-lingual assistance team can help you when you need it most, connecting you with medical treatment and transportation.
Online quotes from £32.11
> Quote from WORLDNOMADS - Link not working? try this
Over 65s Good to go Insurance (up to 90 days)
Will cover the age group of 65 plus with no upper age limit.- Cover is available to travellers on a course of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Natural Catastrophe Cover (inc. Volcanic Ash) available
Online quotes from £14.11
> Quote from GOOD TO GO - Link not working? try this
Explorer Travel Insurance (up to 18 months)
Explorer provides cover for anyone of any age so where ever you are going in holiday this year you can be sure of getting travel insurance. If you are aged over 65 years or have pre-existing medical conditions, Explorer Travel Insurance can help with our Platinum policy.
- Choose from Single Trip, Annual Multi Trip, Winter Sports, Cruise and Backpacker Travel Insurance.
- Up to £10 million medical expenses cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and Terrorism cover
Online quotes from £23.11
> Quote from EXPLORER - Link not working? try this
The above UK Holiday insurance companies are all regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in London. You can purchase Holiday insurance for the over 30 days cover.
Latest Long Stay Travel News
Older people are increasinly dominating the long term travel market. Many are ditching their traditional retirements and are heading overseas for durations of over 90 days and more.
They are also heading to increasingly exotic destinations, such as the far east, Australia and even Africa. The traditional backpacking region of Southeast Asia is also seeing more and more retired people who have sold up at home and living the dram abroad. In the past this group would typically go and retire somewhere like Spain, and usually buy somewhere to live.
This is not the case anymore. The older traveller is increasingly staying in places for shorter periods of time and having mini retirements.
Travel News Headlines
TOP 7 BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN CATALONIA
Catalonia has been in the news for a couple of months. First the overtourism protests, then the fight for independence. Since the political tensions have not yet been resolved the region’s tourism industry has...
21ST CENTURY, THE RISE OF TOURISM AND TOURISMOPHOBIA
The annual number of travelers in 2017 could surpass the 1.3 billion mark. With the rise of low-cost airlines, the number of annual flights has also grown: more than 37 million per year. Right now, 4.2 million seats...
TOURISM IN MYANMAR HIT HARD BY POLITICAL CRISIS
The Rohingya crisis has dealt a serious blow to tourism in Myanmar which had been developing rapidly in the last few years. Cancellations are affecting destinations across Myanmar and as the peak season is set to...
ROME REMAINS FAVORITE ITALIAN DESTINATION
The latest report of the Italian statistic office, Istat, on the top Italian destinations among tourists in 2016 positioned Rome on the top. Venice is third after Milan, with 10.5 million arrivals.
AUSTRIAN TOURISM WENT UP DURING THE SUMMER SEASON
The summer season was very successful for Austrian tourism this year. The main markets contributing to the increase were visitors from Germany and Italy.
FOREIGN CRUISE OPERATORS FIGHTING FOR CHINESE MARKET
The Chinese market is the world’s second largest cruise market after the United States. The number of cruise passengers has been increasing by 76% every year for about four years. In 2016 the new record tally...
We are constantly scanning the web to bring you the best deals for Holiday insurance for the over 65 age group.
Thank you for visiting Holidayinsuranceforseniors.co.uk.