55 is the new 35 according to health experts so there is no reason why you shouldn't be out there exploring the world.
The good news is that there is still a lot of travel insurance providers who will offer long stay travel cover for older people. Go discover!
Examples of typical trips abroad for the over 55s
- 55 year old having one month in Australia and New Zealand
- 56 year old having two weeks in Spain
- 58 year old taking a road trip across South America
Travel Supermarket (for the Over 85s)
Will give you a broad view of the whole of the travel insurance options for your longer stay trip.
Compare 400+ holiday insurance policies from over 50 travel insurance providers Cover from as little as £4.69*
Online quotes from £11.10
> Quote from TRAVEL SUPERMARKET - Link not working? try this
Alpha Travel Insurance (no age limits)
Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
Quotes from £19.00
> Quote from ALPHA INSURANCE - not working? try this
AA Senior Travel Insurance (up to any age)
The AA will give you incentives if you are already a member of them.
They cover long stay trips up to 6 months, and annual cover for all your trips over the year, up to 62 days at a time, that's over two months!
Online quotes from £34.10
> Quote from AA travel insurance - Link not working? try this
Globelink Travel Insurance (up to 85)
- Travel Insurance for All EU Residents
- Career breaker? Globetrekker? Globelink offer the budget solution for long stay journeys.
- Cancellation or Curtailment - up to £2,000 in total;
- Emergency Medical Expenses - up to £5,000,000 in total; Baggage - up to £1,000 in total
Quotes from £16.00
> Quote from GLOBELINK Insurance- not working? try this
Medical Travel Insurance (any age)
- Will search across a number of sall insurers to find you a deal
- Covers you for one trip up to 12 with annual multitrip options too
Online quotes from £27.10
> Quote from MEDICAL TRAVEL insurance - Link not working? try this
Get Going (up to 99)
Get going, as specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price.1,000s of medical conditions are considered and covered including but not limited to HIV, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Hep A/B/C and Asthma..
- Single trips for any age up to 185 days only
- Long Stay / Backpacker up to 18 months (age up to 55)
Quotes from - £29.34 (Get Going Single)
> Quote from GETGOING INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
Travel Insurance for Medical (up to 99)
Optional Independent Traveller Insurance to provide cover when individual elements of a trip are booked separately, rather than as part of a package. This enhancement also provides cover for flights cancelled or delayed as a result of travel disruption caused by a volcano.
- No wardrobe worries - up to £2,500 for lost luggage
Quotes from - £59.22 (Med Policy)
> Quote from TRAVEL INSURANCE 4 MEDICAL - Link not working? try thi
Post Office Insurance (up to 85)
- Aged 18 to 60 and looking for a gap year, career break or to travel the world?
- Covers you for one trip up to 18 months with the option to return home for up to 7 days on 3 occasions
Online quotes from £37.10
> Quote from POST OFFICE insurance - Link not working? try this
Columbus Direct Insurance (up to 85)
- Will cover travellers up to the age of 85.
- A leading specialist provider for over 25 years with deals for backpackers
- The available trip limits are - 31, 45 or 60 days for their Annual Insurance
Online quotes from £14.11
> Quote from COLUMBUS DIRECT - Link not working? try this
Good to go Insurance (no any limits)
Will cover the age group of 65 plus with no upper age limit.
- Cover is available to travellers on a course of chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Natural Catastrophe Cover (inc. Volcanic Ash) available
Online quotes from £14.11
> Quote from GOOD TO GO - Link not working? try this
Explorer Travel Insurance (up to 99 years old)
Explorer provides cover for anyone of any age so where ever you are going in holiday this year you can be sure of getting travel insurance. If you are aged over 65 years or have pre-existing medical conditions, Explorer Travel Insurance can help with our Platinum policy.
Online quotes from £17.11
> Quote from EXPLORER - Link not working? try this
Holiday Insurance Over 70 News